Is this possible?

From: understanding . 6 . tryp
Subject: Is this possible?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 02:07:23 -0400

So I recently started using Screen within the Ratpoison window
manager...and I'm curious: is there a way to redirect Screen's
Activity message and bell message, by say somehow using a command when
setting what they are, into ratpoison? The way to echo text in
Ratpoison's message bar is the command "ratpoison -c 'echo
<message>.'" So basically my question is whether there's a way to
somehow take the output for activity or bell messages, which would
normally appear in screen's message bar/statusline, and redirect it
into Ratpoison? Any info would be much appreciated.