Re: Several problems while trying to make screen automatically start ano

From: Kresimir Cosic
Subject: Re: Several problems while trying to make screen automatically start another program.
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:57:59 +0200

It appears that I didn't understand/report the problem 2 correctly. The correct description of problem 2 is:

I created a file named tdscreenrc.txt, which contains a single line with the command 'detach'.

Then i execute
screen -S tdm -c /home/kreso/tdscreenrc.txt
and screen immediately detaches

At this point, neither 'stuff' or 'exec' command work:

screen -S tdm -X stuff aaa
screen -S tdm -X exec ls
(no effect)

bit when I reattach and detach