Re: Can't send newline

From: David
Subject: Re: Can't send newline
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:22:09 +1000

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 11:44, Ariel Frailich wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm trying to send a string to the modem from a script, using <screen
> -S myscreen -X stuff "string%n">. The problem is that I can't get the
> newline character across: it just echoes exactly as I send it. I've
> tried ^m, ^M, %n, %r, \015 and various other octal characters, but to
> no avail.
This is what I do from a bash script the ` and " are significant.
Once I have started a detatched session using
/usr/bin/screen -A -d -m -S OPS

then I can send commands to it using

screen -S OPS -p 0 -X eval 'stuff "\015"'
this put just a newline in

whereas this sets the term value within the detatched session
screen -S OPS -p 0 -X eval 'stuff "export TERM=xterm\015"'

Hope this helps/

--
Best Regards,
--