Re: Running command to different screen

From: Mag Gam
Subject: Re: Running command to different screen
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:26:49 -0400

Buddy and all!

Thanks that works! Now what if my names are different? Currently I am naming each session as the hostname. Is it possible to run it to all my windows eventhough my names are different? Also, are regular expressions allowed in :mode  ?

tia

On 7/20/06, Buddy Burden <address@hidden> wrote:
Mag,

> I am a little confused.
>
> Since I am running bash, how would I use the 'at' and 'stuff' command to
> run
> "df -h" in all my windows?

You need to look at the names of your windows (with ^A^W or ^A" or somesuch).  If all the windows are named "bash", you
can just substitute "bash" for "zsh" in the command line Phil gave you ... IOW, what he gave you isn't specific to zsh,
that's just what his windows happen to be named.

Phil!,

>> For getting commands to run in shells inside screen, the screen command
>> you need to use is 'stuff'.  To run 'df -h', you'd use 'stuff "df -h ^J"'
>> where "^J" is a quoted control-J (or enter) character.  I couldn't manage
>> to get the ^J entered from screen's colon mode, though.

Just use "\015" instead.  That has always worked for me (and it's much easier to type).

                -- Buddy