Re: screen patch

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: screen patch
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:17:26 -0600

On 2/26/07, Matt Dunford <address@hidden> wrote:
Anyway, here's a patch I updated recently for version 4.0.2: it adds
two features I use alot.  The first I call "toggle" (^aT).  Oftentimes
I do many screen commands in a row like creating five or six new
windows.  I do ^aT, then c c c c c (to create five more windows).
When I want to cycle through them, I hit the space bar.  Or if I want
to go back n forth between windows, then n and p.  All this to avoid
hitting ^a every time I want to do a command.  When I'm done and want
to return to normal mode, I hit T to turn it off.

Sounds like it adds a vi-like "mode" concept to screen.  Personally, I
love it.  I patched ratpoison to do something similar a while back,
but since abandoned it...