Re: New screen features available

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: New screen features available
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 03:19:45 -0400

* Michael Schroeder had this to say on [08 Mar 2007, 17:16:39 +0100]:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:46:42PM -0500, Sadrul H Chowdhury wrote:
> > Hi. I don't mean to be too demanding, but are there any plans on adding this
> > feature (by means of this patch or by any other way) in the next release? I
> > recently started using mutt, which also allows adding a bell when new
> > messages come in. This feature would be really useful with that. :-)
> >
> > Or am I missing something and it's doable with the current version?
>
> No, the plan is to add the feature, but with a different approch.
> I think about making the "window title format" configurable, so you
> can then put any color codes in it that you like.

Great!

If I can get into a little more details, are you thinking about
something like the following:

windowtitle "active"    "%{+r R}%t{-}"
windowtitle "general"  "%n%f %t"
windowtitle "bell"      "%{+b}%g%{-}"
windowtitle "monitor"   "%{+r}%g%{-}"
windowtitle "log"       "%g"
windowtitle "zombie"    "%g"

The '%g' would be replaced by whatever the window title format would
generally expand to. For the above example, if a window is being
monitored, then the window format will be:

If the same window also sets out a bell, then it will become:

Is this close to what you have in mind? Or am I taking a completely
orthogonal path?

Thanks,
Sadrul