Re: No Ctrl-A Backspace for prev on Ubuntu...

From: Richard Bronosky
Subject: Re: No Ctrl-A Backspace for prev on Ubuntu...
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:27:33 -0400

looks like this does it:
bind -k kb prev

(You always find the answer 5 minutes after posting to a mailing
list.)  I've struggled on this for months.  HA!

On 3/26/07, Richard Bronosky <address@hidden> wrote:
The terminal sends ^? (based on Ctrl-v,Backspace) for backspace.  My
.screenrc has:
termcap xterm-color
term "screen"

And backspace works on command line, vim normal/insert/command modes,
it even works in Ctrl-a,: context.  But, it does work in screen Ctrl-a
context.  I can change the terminal to use ^H, and that inverts the
working listing.  (I'm not doing that.)  So, I've tried each of these:
bindkey -k kD stuff ^H
bindkey "^[[3~" stuff ^[OC^H
bindkey "^?" stuff ^H
bindkey "^?" prev
bind "^?" prev

I can't figure this out.  Please advise.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.