Re: more than 40 screens?

From: Michael Parson
Subject: Re: more than 40 screens?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:24:45 -0500

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:13:19PM -0700, Tom Bombadil wrote:
> Michael Parson wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 06:17:44PM -0700, Tom Bombadil wrote:
>>> Hi all...
>>>
>>> screen never show more than 40 screens (screens 0 to 39).
>>> Any way around that?
>>
>> Recompile with MAXWIN >40.
>>
>> default used to be 10. =)
>
> cool. thx!
>
> why is the limit so low?
> Is there any side effect on having lets say, 100 screens?

Just the fun in cycling through to get where you need to go.

The 10 limit was nice since you could jump to the window you needed
with a quick ^A-num.  Anything past window 9 (0-9) and you had to cycle
to it.  But now we have named windows and a scrollable list (^A-"), so
getting where you need to go is much easier.

Now you just need to make sure your system has enough ptys to handle
that many shells.

--
Michael Parson
address@hidden