save screen session to disk

From: Frank Fuchs
Subject: save screen session to disk
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:02:10 -0000

Hi,

I love gnu-screen!! I'm using it permanently on my iBook, and it protects me from accidentally closing my terminals.

Now my question is is there a way to save a screen session to disk, so that I could reuse it after a reboot
(which happens from time to time :). Of course all the connections would be lost, as well as running programs,
but at least - and this would be great - the desktop layout (windows+names) and the respective histories would be saved.
Is anyone aware if such a thing is already implemented? Or does it require some work?

    Frank