Re: Colour remnants from previous program

From: Gilles Roy
Subject: Re: Colour remnants from previous program
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:12:16 -0400

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 01:06:45PM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 08:40:17AM EDT, Gilles Roy wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 08:35:42AM -0400, Gilles Roy wrote:
>I've looked through the mutt docs and didn't see anything that could help >me. If I run Vim in CLI mode, it also has status bars but the problem >doesn't occur. However, there is a difference between Vim and Mutt. In >Mutt, the status bars don't actually reach the very edge of the screen >(i.e. they don't occupy the 1/2 character of extra space). The place where >they don't occupy is where the colour remnant is left behind. In Vim, the >status bar occupies the extra bit of character space.

Sorry, this isn't true. The same problem occurs with status bars in Vim as in Mutt. I have also seen the same thing start happening with the extra partial space at the botton of the screen.

Have you tried xterm?  That's what I use and I have never seen this.

The problem doesn't seem to happen with xterm, although I've managed to get a big red bar all along the side and bottom of my xterm window in fullscreen (i.e. the area along the edge too small to fit a character in it). I can't readily reproduce this problem though.

It must be something wrong with the Gnome window manager.

Thanks,
Gilles