Re : Re : New screen features available

From: Jean-Yves Levesque
Subject: Re : Re : New screen features available
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:12:35 -0400

What I would like to see is the following:

window 1: bash shell
Window 2: group of two bash shell side by side
window 3: group of 4 bash shells in a 4x4 view.

When I go to window 1 I have one window. If I go
to next window, I would see a 2x1 layout. ^a next
would show me a 4x4 layout. ^a next would bring me
back to the single window layout.

Is that clear as mud?

2007/5/23, Michael Schroeder <address@hidden>:
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 08:54:09AM -0400, Jean-Yves Levesque wrote:
> Is it possible to have layouts per group? What I
> would like to see is a group of 4 windows all
> visible at the same time, then another group of
> 2 windows in vertical split and another group of
> 2 windows in horizontal split and finally all other
> windows in standalone (full screen). Played around
> with it but I did not get very far.

window groups are about what window is "next" and "previous",
the layouts are about what is displayed. You can create the
layouts you need and put the windows from your groups on them.
Or do you need something different?

Cheers,
  Michael.

--