Re: screen and curses

From: Miroslaw Dach
Subject: Re: screen and curses
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:04:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi All,

        I am still fighting with screen to work properly.

My observation is as following:

So far I was using screen with curses library which comes with ELDK41 for
ppc405 processor based systems. The screen program I have built on my own.

With such an installation it was no problem to launch the server:

screen -t MYSERVER -d -m /tmp/myServer

I had however the problem to attache to the server:

screen -r
Cannot find termcap entry for 'vt100'

I have rebuild curses from scratch and it seems to be that I do not have
any more the problem with termcap but I cannot start my server like
before:
screen -t MYSERVER -d -m /tmp/myServer

(ps command shows that screen does not run nor associated myServer)

Does curses require some specific options to be set before building it.

Best Regards

Mirek