How to send commands to screen from within scripts)

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: How to send commands to screen from within scripts)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:05:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all,

As part of a shellscript, I would like to run a series of commands that involve doing a "slow paste".

The commands for this are:

bufferfile /home/danm/summit48.cfg
slowpaste 120
readbuf
paste .

Is there a way to have screen not launch a new session, but instead interpret screen-commands that would normally be typed at the ctrl-a prompt?

-Dan

--

"There were some sensible, rational, and intelligent things to say.  It's
just that it was the last thing I expected to hear from the damn

-Saravit, December 27, 1997