GNU Screen: Sending Commands to More than One Screen at a time?

From: Fuck You Cory Weinberg
Subject: GNU Screen: Sending Commands to More than One Screen at a time?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:45:26 -0400

In KDE's Konsole application there is a "Broadcast" mode that allows you to set the multiple shells in each tab to be part of a broadcast group.  Then when you type a command in any of the shells that are members of that group, the command gets sent to all of the group member shells.  Is it possible to do this with GNU screen either across sessions or ideally to cover a set range of existing "windows"?  I've looked around and also posted this question to the Unix.com forums a while back but haven't found anything.  At this point I'm thinking I might try to create a Bash script that might be able to do it as a wrapper around screen, but I don't think that's the best way if there is already existing functionality to do this within 'screen'.

Thanks,
Deck