Re: Spawning commands inside interactive shells in new windows in a scri

From: Gokdeniz Karadag
Subject: Re: Spawning commands inside interactive shells in new windows in a scriptable fashion
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:44:09 +0300

In a console based text editor( I use vim) you can press on following three
keys;
ctrl v enter

This will embed a literal newline into the file, tested with the given script. I'm not sure about embedding newlines with GUI editors.

By the way, David's suggestion was very helpful, I realized I did not know about -p

:)

László Monda demis ki::
Hi David,

(David has allowed me to reply to his email publicly.)

I think this is almost exactly what I need, but "^M" gets literally
quoted for me, just like as "\^M" or "\015".

How can I put new line characters in there?

Thanks!