Re: Patch to move and renumber windows, screen-4.0.3

From: reynhout
Subject: Re: Patch to move and renumber windows, screen-4.0.3
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:03:30 +0000

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 02:33:57PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> 2008/8/27  <address@hidden>:
> >  - I've written no documentation in the patch.
>
> Then until you do, I am going to reject this patch outright.

Absolutely.  The patch is not prepared for submission to the repo,
for the above reason as well as the others I mentioned.  And you
raise a new question too, w/r/t layouts, which I'll investigate.

There might well be other things I haven't thought of too, which
is why I posted the patch info -- I've spent a total of about three
hours in the screen source, so if the functionality offered by the
patch has resonance with other folks on the list, I'm interested in
hearing more contextually-aware perspectives on the approach.

In the meantime, the patch works for me in my simple config and
use model, so it might be useful as-is to others.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
address@hidden