Re: sticky modifier keys

From: Trent W. Buck
Subject: Re: sticky modifier keys
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:05:06 +1000

William Pursell <address@hidden>
writes:

> I've recently started using sticky modifier keys [...]
> Is there anyway to get this functionality with screen?

I think it's impossible.  X11 clients can see keydown and keyup events
for the modifier key(s) and the non-mod key separately.  Screen just
sees a single event (a keydownup, essentially) of the entire
chord.

For example if you press Control_L and Alt_L, nothing is
sent to screen until you also press (say) f -- at which point Screen
sees the two chords ^[ ^F.