Re: power failure on laptop, remote screen session lost?

From: Claus Atzenbeck
Subject: Re: power failure on laptop, remote screen session lost?
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:36:08 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, zhang zhengquan wrote:

I was coding on a laptop using xterm to connect to a remote machine.
My laptop underwent a power failure and I am concerned if my screen
session will be lost on the remote server.

Is that possible that my session is lost?

I experienced a similar case when I accidentally closed my terminal application. However, the screen session at the remote machine should not be affected by that, I guess. Why don't you try it?

Cheers,
Claus