Re: How to switch to > 9th window in screen session

From: Erik Osheim
Subject: Re: How to switch to > 9th window in screen session
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:42:55 -0500

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 10:00:38AM -0800, amjain wrote:
> I some times create more than 9 windows in my screen sesison. using Ctrl-c
> How to get to 10th window. e.g. I can go to 9th window by Ctrl-9 but how to
> go beyond 9.

Amit,

There are at least three ways to do this. I'm going to use META to mean
CTRL-a or whatever your "screen key" is.

1. META-" will give you a graphical list of your windows that you can
scroll around in.

2. META-' will give you a prompt to type a screen number. If you know
the number of the screen (e.g. 13) you could just type it here.

3. META-n (or META-p) will move to the next (or previous) window. For
example, if from window 9 you hit META-n you'll now be on window 10.

Make sure to read the screen manual--these (and lots of other useful
screen commands) can be found there. It's a bit dense but worth the
read.

-- Erik