Re: Copy-scrollback mode -- VIsual feedback in window caption?

From: Hugo Heden
Subject: Re: Copy-scrollback mode -- VIsual feedback in window caption?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:31:55 +0100

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Mark Eichin <address@hidden> wrote:

> terminal print-outs. And sometimes when I'm back from getting a cup of coffe, I
> sort of forget that the window is in copy-scrollback-mode, so I start typing --

I have a related but distinct use case for the same thing - I run a
bunch of autobuilders under screen, and occasionally I'll put one in
to copy mode to scroll back and look for an unusual error.  I'll find
it, and do other stuff... and if I forget to exit copy mode (the
output is bursty so the lack of scrolling isn't actually a reminder)
eventually the underlying process will hang on output write.  Having
the reminder would be useful in this case (I haven't figured out a way
to script a check for this externally, or I would have.)

Yes, I have this problem as well. This is actually a more common problem for me, an a better explanation an motivation than the one I provided; thanks!