Re: Detached screens disappear - help debugging?

From: Pandurangan R S
Subject: Re: Detached screens disappear - help debugging?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:35:52 +0530

May be this another possible reason then.

http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~jnweiger/screen-faq.html

Q:      If I leave screen too long detached it mysteriously disappears,
although I feel that this is not a flaw in the program but rather my
system being 'cleaned' of stray jobs.
A:      Check the output of "screen -ls". If there is no session, your
shells inside screen possibly have set an autologout. This kills the
processes after a certain time of inactivity. Such a feature is often
installed per default in the users account, as it helps to keep
intruders off on terminals where you forgot to log out. But it is not
a good idea for shells running under screen.

http://www.ivorde.ro/Secure_Unix_shell_account_with_auto_logout_after_seconds_of_inactivity__Idle_TMOUT-42.html

Regards
Pandu