Re: Ping Packagers

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: Ping Packagers
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:29:47 -0500

* Miroslav Lichvar had this to say on [10 Dec 2009, 10:35:00 +0100]:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 01:19:00PM -0500, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:
> > Hello everyone. Are there any screen packagers on this list? I am
> > contemplating a sort of a beta-release somewhat soon-ish (still
> > non-trivial amount of work to do, though, so no ETA yet), and was
> > thinking if this list is the best place to reach the packagers.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer for Fedora. You can see the patches we
> are currently using here:
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/screen/

Thanks for the link. I looked at a number of them:

> screen-4.0.1-args.patch

Applied after some change (7ac593d74dfd2243cd60c5d848547ebd9971a8b0).

I didn't include the change in ansi.c: w_NumArgs should never be
negative. If something is causing is to be set to a negative number, then
that's a bug and we need to figure where/why/how that happens, so the
real bug can be fixed.

> screen-4.0.2-maxstr.patch

It looks like MAXSTR has been increased to 512. It can still be increased
more, of course. Is there a bug-report somewhere that requested for this
change? I would like to know exactly what problems the limitations
caused.

I plan to take a look at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?27318 first.

> screen-4.0.3-resize.patch

Already in.

> screen-4.0.3-ipv6.patch

Need to take a closer look.

> screen-4.0.3-stropts.patch

I believe e3b1d2c50a5cc84a0985dbf608b9ee47996b7e47 takes care of this?
(i.e. using HAVE_STROPTS_H)

Cheers,
Sadrul