How to extract crypted password from buffer ?

From: J. Bakshi
Subject: How to extract crypted password from buffer ?
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:22:57 +0530

Hello,

Here is a beginners issue which I can't resolve after reading the man
page and googling.  There are some sites and CLI tool (crypt) to
generate crypted password.  But screen has inbuilt power to generate
crypted password by

ctrl+a :password  command

I have also generated the password and it reports

[ Password moved into copybuffer ]

And here I am screwed-up.  How to extract the crypted password from the
buffer to use in .screenrc ?
Please suggest.
Thanks

--