Re: at-command and NEED_DISPLAY

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: at-command and NEED_DISPLAY
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:29:17 -0500

* Peder Stray had this to say on [12 Feb 2010, 22:48:23 +0100]:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:
>
>> * Peder Stray had this to say on [03 Feb 2010, 20:22:54 +0100]:
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> btw... does the git-screen have support for using the session-name
>>> for sourcing different configs?  like 'source .screenrc-$SESSIONNAME'
>>> or some such?
>>
>> I don't think that's possible. When you are specifying the session
>> name, wouldn't it make sense to specify the config filename in there
>> too? (or perhaps create a shell wrapper/alias to do it for you?) For
>> example,
>>
>> screen.sh:
>>      #!/bin/sh
>>      screen -c .screenrc-$1 -S $@
>>
>> with this script, you could do 'screen.sh sessionname --other-params'
>>
>> Or am I missing something?
>
> Well, I have one .screenrc in which i have 'source .screenrc-$SESSION'.
> Typically such a file contains which programs i want to start in that
> session or other spesific setup.  Now i have to use a wrapper to set the
> SESSION-variable before i start screen, but it would be more convenient
> if screen suppled a way to do that without having to use such a wrapper.

Use $STY.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=screen.git;a=commitdiff;h=23b17abd7a9f00894f820eeba824623940d26a38

Screen used to include the PID when expanding $STY. But not including the
PID is likely more useful. In case someone wants the PID too, they should
use '$PID.$STY' instead.

cc: devel

Cheers,
Sadrul