Question about sending signal to Screen

From: 陈洋
Subject: Question about sending signal to Screen
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:45:21 +0800

Hi,

When we run the command screen -dms "description" script , there are two processes created. One is for screen(call process A), another is for the script(call process B). We can run "screen -r A" to resume process A, and Ctrl+C to interrupt the script. The  Ctrl+C sends the SIGINT signal. I have two questions:

1. Is the SIGINT signal sent to process A or B ?
2. I try to send SIGINT signal to process A, running "kill -s SIGINT processA", but the process A still exist, the processA's parent pid is 1. Why process A can't be interrupted ?

We want to write script to interrupt the screen process, instead of click Ctrl+C manually. If we run "kill processA" directly, it is not cleaned.  How to resolve this?