Re: multiple screen categories

From: Brian Kroth
Subject: Re: multiple screen categories
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 18:32:55 -0500

Wolfgang Hennerbichler <address@hidden> 2010-06-29 10:16:
> Hi List,
>
> I do manage a huge bunch of devices, and I would like to have
> something like a category or group within screen. currenty I run 3
> screen sessions with multiple terminal sessions within each screen -
> one connects to all our routers and switches, one to all our servers
> and one is my development environment. unfortunately the only
> comfortable way to switch between those screens is to use tabs in my
> terminal. I would also like to get rid of those tabs, so is there a
> way to somehow "group" the terminal sessions to specific screen
> domains and not leave screen but switch to the other "group"?

What about nested screens?

Also, there was a feature called window-groups in one of the development
releases (I believe it's also been included in the Ubuntu/Debian
packages).  I can't seem to find any docs on it now though other than
the list archives.

Search for the :group command and hopefully you'll find the rest of it.