Jumping straight into screen, but not missing motd, etc.

From: screen-users
Subject: Jumping straight into screen, but not missing motd, etc.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:09:17 -0400

Hello, all,

  I 'screen -D -R' everytime I log into a system and just detach and
logout immediately every time I leave.

  I've seen various .profile tricks for doing this automatically on
login, but most seem fritzy if anything goes wrong and, especially, they
cause me to not see any important messages that the machine blasts out
on first logging in.

  Is there some stable, reasonable way to 'screen -D -R' every time I
log in _and_ have screen pop open a new screen containing any unusual
information on login?

 Sincerely yours,
   John B.
--
What is the difference between journalism and literature?
Journalism is unreadable, and literature is unread.