Re: any way to kill one windows from anther window?

From: ping
Subject: Re: any way to kill one windows from anther window?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:21:54 -0400

thanks Kevin, your solution again works!

On 08/03/2011 09:34 AM, Kevin Van Workum wrote:

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM, ping <address@hidden> wrote:
I run into a strange issue now (for the 1st time), one window is running into a sick, weird condition while all other windows are fine.
that window is blinking all the time and no command or keystroke can be accepted. I'm running some important task on other windows so I need this screen instance.
even c-a k doesn't work. I guess I can manage to find out that shell PID and kill it, but I'm running around 20 or more bash instance I guss so it's hard.
I'm seeing cpu spike to 50% by this screen instance.
question is, is there a way to kill a windows from another window?

Yes, use the "at" screen command. For example, to kill window 2, run "at 2 kill".

regards
ping