Re: Beginner Question: Is GNU Screen still in active development? Will

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: Beginner Question: Is GNU Screen still in active development? Will there be future releases?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:22:23 +0200

On Oct 13, 11 12:32:09 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > Will there be future releases?
>
> The current development version is labeled as (non-released) 4.1.0 and
> "4.1.0" is given as target milestone for tons of (AFAICS mostly fixed)
> bugs in the bug tracking system. So I expect a 4.1.0 release (and also
> hope for it :-), but I can't give you an ETA.

We at SUSE are currently preparing openSUSE 12.1 -- would be cool, if
a screen release manager would step forward, and make the 4.1.0
really happen.

This used to be my job in the early years of screen. Unfortunatly, I failed
to officially appoint a successor. Sadrul? Anybody?

        cheers,
                JW-

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert      unix-software __/ _=======.=======_