Alpine viewer issues

From: Wayne Werner
Subject: Alpine viewer issues
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:29:17 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I posted this question at
http://unix.stackexchange.com/q/31243/5788

I've been using screen for a while and its basic features suit my needs well. However, when running alpine from within screen, I have an issue when I try to launch the external viewer. It tells me that the command completed, but nothing happens. If I do the same thing from a regular session or tmux it works just fine. And if I run tmux inside screen and alpine inside that then it works just fine.

If I try to pipe a message to a file I get an error "can't exec (script) no such file or directory"

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Wayne