Re: Screen terminal freezes

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: Screen terminal freezes
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:09:05 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 02:55:14PM -0400, Edmond Rodriguez wrote:
> I am running gnu screen version 4.00.02.

JFTR: That's a quite old version. Some bugs in there may be already
fixed in newer versions.

Any chance to try a more recent version? 4.00.03 is probably the most
distributed version currently.

On which operating system is your screen running?

> I can create other terminals within the screen, but cannot usually
> reconnect to the screen session it if I detach it.   The frozen terminal
> remains just that (frozen) until I terminate the entire screen session.

Sounds strange, indeed.

Any chance that some Ctrl-S has been sent to that terminal? Have you
tried Ctrl-Q or Ctrl-A Ctrl-Q?

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:25:41AM -0400, Edmond Rodriguez wrote:
> Nope, there is no output to the screen session, but it's an interesting
> question because I do an "ssh -t ..... address@hidden screen"  to get in to a
> remote host.   Maybe I should try sshing in as a terminal and run screen
> myself and see if the problem persists and/or a message is displayed that
> perhaps would not otherwise be displayed because of a tty issue?

Unless there's a bug in the used SSH implementation, that should not
make a difference.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)