disable auto fit

From: Steven Feil
Subject: disable auto fit
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:00:33 -0800

Is there a way to get the screen program to disable the auto fit
feature?

I find screen can be very helpful when admining a system from multiple
locations. I use screen in a way that it contains multiple windows and
while being attached to multiple virtual terminals.  I recently
started working on a script that will start screen detached in the
background.  The script creates a set of labeled windows some of which
will have programs running inside.

The problem I am running into now more often than in the past is, I
sometimes access it from terms with different geometry, causing
important parts of the window to be hidden. This happens because
sometimes an individual windows get multiply attached.  As it happens,
Screen will automatically fit the window to the first terminal that
attaches to it.  I have found that I can use the fit command to help
out and set it to match the smaller terminal geometry.

Rather than a piecemeal solution, I would rather pick a size (80x25)
and have all windows stay at that size. Any term with a larger display
would have a some "dead space", but all attached terminals with at
least 80x25 would be able to display the whole workspace.

I searched the man page but I did not see the right command. Any help
would be appreciated.

Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
TRY IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if2 for FREE