Tinted Backgrounds

From: Roberta Hopkins
Subject: Tinted Backgrounds
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 20:50:51 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Screenists:

I have my terminals (formerly xterm, now gnome-terminal) multiplexed
with screen.  I use only two screens for each terminal window, otherwise
things get too confusing.  I like to think of a terminal window as a
piece of paper which I can turn turn over, using either front or back;
thus the screens are titled "Front" & "Back".  My question is: how may
I convince screen to give me a slightly differently colored background
for each screen instance?  I would like to know at a glance whether I
am writing on the Front or the Back of my paper.

~/.bashrc:
        if [ "x$TERM" ne "xscreen" ]; then
            screen -c $HOME/.screenrc.xterm
        fi

~/.screenrc.xterm:
        screen -t Back
        screen -t Front

--
Roberta Hopkins <address@hidden>

Coming to you live from this strange little blue planet...