Re: GNU Screen v.4.3.0

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: GNU Screen v.4.3.0
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:42:38 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Vegard Svanberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Carsten Mattner <address@hidden> [2015-06-22 17:32]:

>> > FWIW, I've had that problem for years (I'm on 4.02.01). Probably not
>> > relevant for 4.3.0 specifically.
>>
>> It used to work before 4.3.0 for me.
>
> Ignore me. I read it as something else than it was. The problem I have
> is probably unrelated; copy/paste between windows sometimes result in
> spaces equal to the width of the screen window being appended to the end
> of the lines when I paste.

Maybe it's something similar, I don't know.

Given this:

abcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcd\n
abcd\n
abcdabcdabcdabcd\n

Left-button-select and Middle-button paste with 4.2.0 worked
reliably into for example emacs.

With 4.3.0 the \n is replaced with gobs of spaces instead and
all I get is one super long line instead of 3 lines.