GNU Screen v.4.5.0

From: Alex Naumov
Subject: GNU Screen v.4.5.0
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 01:58:13 +0100

Hello everyone,

I’m proud to announce the release of GNU Screen v.4.5.0
As usual, we merged some community patches from our bug tracing system
(small patches also were presented in IRC) and I would like to thank
everyone who contribute to Screen and helps us to test development
git-version!

Changes:

The 4.5.0 release is mostly a bugfix release:
-> broken handling of "bind u digraph U+" (bug #48691)
-> crash with long $TERM (bug #48983)
-> crash when bumping blank window
-> build for AIX (bug #49149)
-> %x improperly separating arguments
-> install with custom DESTDIR (bug #48370)

Just one new feature: it is possible to specify logfile's name via
command line parameter '-L' (default name stays screenlog.0).

As you probably noticed we were going to release 4.5 until Christmas.
Unfortunately, we could not do it because of some internal GNU
problems. I’m very apologies for that.

For more information about GNU screen visit:
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/screen/

Release is available for download at:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/screen/

Keep to report about bugs or any regressions.

Have a lot of fun!
GNU Screen Team