Using split screens through a SLURM connection

From: Carl Ponder
Subject: Using split screens through a SLURM connection
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 06:24:57 -0800

I'm able to use split screens across an "ssh" connection and they work fine. Note that I don't have to use "ssh -X" in order to do this.
Most of my nodes, though, are managed via SLURM and the natural connection is via the "srun" command:
srun -t 08:00:00 --ntasks-per-node=40 --pty -p batch  ../../splitscreen
When I do this, though, output from the right-side pane starts writing over the left-side pane.
I'm wondering if there are any SLURM or other settings that would make this work correctly, the way it does with an "ssh" connection.
I imagine this is an issue between "srun" and "curses" and am checking separately with the SLURM users to see if they have a remedy.