Solved, creating macros using screen

From: dan d.
Subject: Solved, creating macros using screen
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 18:44:01 -0400 (EDT)

Some may recall my previous trys, and failures, to create macros using screen
commands.

I was using exec tied to a bindkey in screenrc to run a shell script which
contained a series of the stuff commmands to send instructions to
the current application.

It didn't work.  By experiment I found that switching to another window and
doing the shell script at the cli worked.

So I used bindkey with a select # command to go to that window; followed by
exec to run the shell command; the last command in the shell
script was a select to return me to the application window.  Joy, it works
seamlessly as desired.

Useing this approach any number of screen based macros can be developed.
--
Thanks to all who offered advice.

XR