self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] SELF homepage at testing and other Beta migration is

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] SELF homepage at testing and other Beta migration issues
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:10:04 +0100

Hi there,

As we just agreed today to do the migration of the SELF.Beta at Bselfish for next Wednesday (19 March), I am thinking of what needs to be taken care of to do all that smoothly.

As Nagarjuna told us this morning, of Phase I of the roadmap most things are already implemented. Some smaller work has still to be done on Import/Export SCORM, on i18n, on Bookshelf & FileMgr and Search. More work has to be done on Comparing and Merging UI and on QA mechanisms.

That means that we should have the major part of the features working next Wednesday. That is really great!

Thinking of it there seem to be some things we need to double check.

1 the testing server hompage doesn't work at all: http://testing.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/

why not?

2. replacing the Beta and reimporting content from scratch into the new BETA. Today we discussed that the current content will be exported as far as that is considered relevant by the authors themselves (I just sent a message to discussion and address@hidden . eu). And most LO's are SCORM objects produced at Atutor that we can import right away.

What about those materials at the current SELF.Beta that still need to be exported, as the SELF Help and About objects?

http://beta.selfplatform.eu/selfbeta/Members/selfuser/course2/course_manage

Export seems not to work at the SELF.Beta. Or did I miss something?

3. Preparing the BSELFISH server for the new release, including Postgres. Is all set?

4. Installing the working version of SELF from CVS onto BSELFISH. Is the CVS version indeed the latest code, the code that we are testing at CSELFISH? I agree with Federico's view on the use of CVS. All code should come from CVS and bugfixes should be recorded at CVS right away.

Best,

Wouter