silpa-discuss

[silpa-discuss] GSoC 2016: Project Ideas discussion

From: Abhishek Singh
Subject: [silpa-discuss] GSoC 2016: Project Ideas discussion
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 00:50:48 +0530

Hi,

I am Abhishek Singh, a masters in Computer Science student from IIIT Hyderabad. I have done courses in Natural language Processing, Information extraction. I have sound knowledge Python, C, and I am familiar with _javascript_, Django, Git etc.

I have some experience with open source contributions and have contributed to some organizations like MoinMoin, Mozilla, Ubuntu, Tor, Fedora. I contributed to Italian Mars Society as a part GSoC 2014 project where I implemented 'Full body and hand gesture tracking' of astronauts to ERAS virtual station.

I went through the GSoC 2016 ideas page of Indic Project and found some of the project quite interesting and promising.

Those are :

1. Integrating flask-webfonts extension with libindic
2. ibus-braille module modifications
3. Integrate vernam to libindic
4. Adding MARC21 import/export feature in Grandham

I would like to know which project among these are more important to Indic and who are the mentors for those projects. So, that I could understand more about the details and deliverables for the project in order to start making a work plan for the application.

Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Abhishek Singh
IRC - kanha