[Simulavr-devel] configure.ac: check python version - what's the oldest

From: ThomasK
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] configure.ac: check python version - what's the oldest version used
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:28:11 +0200

Hi,

because I'm changing configure.ac to implement a right check of python for regression test and also for building python module I got the question: what's the oldest python version to assume in test. current it's 2.1.1. I think 2.5 is mostly used, Ubuntu 9.04 uses 2.6 and the most actual release on python.org is now 3.1!

To set it to 3.1 is useless, current distributions will not have 3.x at all. But 2.4 or better would be a good idea (in my opinion), it would help to find bugs because of python versions, which are to old.

What versions are used?

cu, Thomas