Re: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #31794] GIT repo failures in configure on Ubun

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #31794] GIT repo failures in configure on Ubuntu Maverick 10.10
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:15:00 -0800

Hi,
> mela, thank you for answering the the report!
>
> However users compiling a source code should not need to search on how to
> do such simple task.
I agree, but only for a release. Remember that this is compiling from
repository. And it is quite common that you have to bootstrap the
autoconf/automake process with a script as it is in the repo already. I would
even say it is standard behaviour.

We could state this process more clearly on the web page describing the git
URLs though, but I would not want to change this behaviour in the repo.

Cheers,

Onno