Re: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #40559] bootstrap doesn't build src/Makefile.i

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #40559] bootstrap doesn't build src/Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:12:05 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013, Markus Hitter wrote:

I've added a patch which removes the "treat warnings as errors" thing. This
way, Makefile.ins are created again, so it might suit as an intermediate
solution.

While changing variable names is straightforward, getting rid of rules like

%.o: $(srcdir)/%.c

isn't trivial (couldn't find a recipe in the net).

If the goal is to get rid of GNU make dependencies, I think that
fred.o greg.o ... zith.o : $(srcdir)/$*.c
might be the best that can done.

I'm not sure whether it would work or whether it is a GNU extension.

Pretty much anything that one can do with %'s
or with text functions are GNU extensions.

The next best might be listing every rule separately.
Doing so automatically should not be too difficult.

--
Michael   address@hidden
whom I teach not to run with scissors,