Re: [Simulavr-devel] Howto UART, howto record pin behaviour

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Howto UART, howto record pin behaviour
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 13:45:30 +0100

Am 14.11.2013 01:59, schrieb Petr Hluzín:
>> Yes, I mean GTKWave. And somehow I can't (yet) imagine what's so
>> > difficult on this. In a simulator it should be trivial to check a couple
>> > of bytes after each CPU cycle.
[...]
> Adding a check after each cycle is a poor idea, there are ton of
> features that could possibly check for something at each cycle and
> they all add up.

Undoubtly, yes, this could hurt performance. But I'd happily run
simulation at half (or even tenth) speed if the result of this run
brings me insight into the doings of the code.

That said, a sensible logger would collect only the data requested, of
course, so you'd often get away with comparing a single byte.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter