sketch-devel

Re: [Sketch-list] add a new primitive to Skencil

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: [Sketch-list] add a new primitive to Skencil
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:52:43 +0100

[CC to the devel list.  This dicusstion should move over to -devel so
please remove sketch-list from the recipients list]

address@hidden writes:

> We are still thinking about adding the possibility to draw HB-splines,
> Catmull rom Splines ans X splines to Sketch.
>
> Someone (thanks Tamito) suggests us to add a new primitive by means of
> normal scripts. He thinks this can be done with a few changes :
> AddModeCmd can probably be called from outside as well to add a new
> drawing tool.
>
> Do you think this approach is good ?

If it works it would be a good way to add a new mode such as a creation
mode to the canvas in Skencil 0.6.  But, as I wrote in the mail Tamito
quoted, I have never tried to do that, although I think it should.

> Will future problems appear with Sketch??

There shouldn't be any problems with newer 0.6 versions.  It won't work
with 0.7 though.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/