sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Making keys unusable with spamming similar uids

From: Valentin Sundermann
Subject: [Sks-devel] Making keys unusable with spamming similar uids
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:27:24 +0200

Hey sks-devel,

when searching for common terms (i.e. "test") on a keyserver, I hit a
limit of matches sometimes.

Assumed that I'd be a bad person, I should be able to make a choosen key
unusable by creating and uploading keys with similar name, email address
and so on. If somebody searches for that email address, he should hit
the limit and cannot get the key.
(And yeah, it's still possible to get the key with the exact fingerprint
but I guess it's inconvenient for "normal people".)

Do I miss something or is it actually possible to make keys unusable
with such an approach?

If it should be possible: I think something like a pagination should
solve it on a simple level (although the user has to scroll through the
pages and identify the right key). And another thing would be how client
implementation would treat pagination...

Best regards,
Valentin