sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] "SKS is effectively running as end-of-life software at t

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] "SKS is effectively running as end-of-life software at this point"?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 18:51:31 -0500

> Is it possible to develop a keyserver thar uses the same interface as
> the current one?

Sort of.

> Meaning that GnuPG-Clients don't need to change

Yes.

> and current keyservers can recon with the new keyservers (since they
> are not all upgraded simultaniously)?

No.  Keyserver reconciliation is 90% of the problem.  Fixing this would
make it impossible for older keyservers to reconcile with a next-gen design.

> Are there any more problems that need to be fixed? Like seriously,
> everyone please write the problems they have with SKS.

Please, *don't*.  We have had this discussion so many times over the
past ~15 years that I can't stand to go through it again.  Go through
the list archives, read those past discussions, and then if you come up
with anything new post it to the list.

> To answer my first question, I guess that it is possible to implement
> a keyserver with the same interface for GPG users that can still
> recon with older servers.

Let's not make this situation worse by guessing.