sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 21:38:37 +0100

> On 16 Aug 2019, at 20:31, Stefan Claas <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> You guys need a lot of brainstorming IMHO on how to improve the SKS
> infrastructure to get back users.

I dunno, I’ve been brainstorming pretty hard on this list recently... :-p

> Maybe it would be a good idea to
> get the hockeypuck author on board, because it is written in Golang
> and I assume that there are more Golang programmers available to help
> you guys out, compared to OCaml programmers.

The issue is less about the programming (or the programming language) and more
about the protocol. If we had agreement on a replacement protocol then anyone
reasonably competent could program it. I know of three SKS *protocol*
implementations in the wild. Any or all of these could be upgraded to the new
protocol - IFF we had a) broad agreement on what the new protocol was *for*,
and b) a robust specification.