sks-devel

Building SKS on Alpine Linux 3.12 with ocaml 4.08

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: Building SKS on Alpine Linux 3.12 with ocaml 4.08
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 23:15:26 -0400

Okay, so I have completed my move and finally had some time to take a look back at trying to get sks.undergrid.net back online and started with trying to rebuild my Docker images which I found the build to be failing in part to the repo change. So I remembered the email here and updated my Dockerfile download location and got the build going again. I was of course getting the latest released version 1.1.6. This time when it built if failed with the following:

ocamlmklib -o cryptokit rijndael-alg-fst.o stubs-aes.o d3des.o stubs-des.o arcfour.o stubs-arcfour.o sha1.o stubs-sha1.o sha256.o stubs-sha256.o ripemd160.o stubs-ripemd160.o blowfish.o stubs-blowfish.o keccak.o stubs-sha3.o stubs-md5.o stubs-zlib.o stubs-misc.o stubs-rng.o -L/usr/lib -lz
ocamlc -g -c  cryptokit.mli
ocamlc -g -c  cryptokit.ml
File "cryptokit.ml", line 16, characters 5-8:
16 | open Nat
          ^^^
Error: Unbound module Nat
make[1]: *** [Makefile:95: cryptokit.cmo] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sks-keyserver/cryptokit-1.7/src'
make: *** [Makefile:292: cryptokit-1.7/src/cryptokit.cma] Error 2

Doing some research I found this related to the Num library so I started trying to figure out how to solve that. Some mentions to OPAM but haven't used it and zero mention of actual commands needed to resolve the issue were found. So I started looking at the master branch and just grabbing SKS via git thinking what the hell I'll give that a shot. This time I get the failure on cryptokit which I kind of expected given the other but this error was different:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/sks-keyserver/bdb'
cc -O3 -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -I`ocamlc -where` -I . -c crc.c
ocamlfind ocamlc -package cryptokit,unix,str,bigarray,num -I bdb -ccopt -L/usr/lib  -ccopt -Lbdb -annot -bin-annot -warn-error A -linkpkg -g bdb.cma -c pSet.mli
ocamlfind: Package `cryptokit' not found
make: *** [Makefile:342: pSet.cmi] Error 2

So reading up some I see it was moved to be expected as an external link but couldn't see any updates to changes in the build pre-requirements. So anyone else ran into this and solved the build issues?