sks-devel

Re: shutdown of pgpkeys.co.uk and pgpkeys.uk

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: shutdown of pgpkeys.co.uk and pgpkeys.uk
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 00:27:58 -0500

Andreas Puls dijo [Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 09:32:50PM +0200]:
> A new domain must be established into the "world". Maybe Kristian would
> transfer the domain / software to one of us. So we could run it on our own.

I agree, having a well established name behind helps. Furthermore,
sks-keyservers.net is part of countless configuration
files. Inheriting the name for a new pool/network would be great to
help users from hitting an unexpected breakage.

On the other hand, sks-keyservers.net denotes a specific
implementation -- One we are trying to migrate away from. So, in case
Kristian agrees to transfer the domain, my opinion is that it should
be used basically to point at a new name.

I suggest (and have just bought) «openpgpkeys.net». Of course, I am
putting it at the service of the current keyserver operators' and
users' community; I hope it can be of service.