smc-calendar

[smc-calendar] Fwd: [Indlinux-group] ANNOUNCE: DateTime-Indic 0.1

From: Santhosh Thottingal
Subject: [smc-calendar] Fwd: [Indlinux-group] ANNOUNCE: DateTime-Indic 0.1
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:57:14 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jaldhar H. Vyas <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM
Subject: [Indlinux-group] ANNOUNCE: DateTime-Indic 0.1
To: address@hidden

I'm pleased to announce that I have uploaded DateTime-Indic 0.1 to CPAN.

This version has support for three Indian luni-solar calendars:

South Indian Shalivahana Shaka
Gujarati vikrama Samvata
Halari/Kutchhi Samvata

A lot of work remains to be done but given how long I've dragged my feet on
this, I thought it would be better to get it out there as soon as it was
somewhat usable.  I'd love to get some feedback.

If you're interested in helping out, I've set up a mailing list here:

and the projects website is here:

http://code.google.com/p/panchanga/

(includes subversion repository)

--